zondag 12 juli 2020

Fountains in Fryslân

Nr 10, We have 11 cities in Fryslân, I know some of them are almost smaller then where I live myself, but they are cities
This week it is Dokkum, the only one that is in Dutch language exactly the same as in Frisian.

This one is called de Ijsfontein and like Franeker, mist is coming out of this one.
We went to this fountain the same day as we visited Franeker, so we made sure things where not being to hot for Leia, so cool water handy and airco in the car.

We found a nice bench in front of the fountain and I wanted Leia to stand on there like on a show podium. We are afterall show people.
She jumped on (ungroomed) and she stood very pretty so I did not bother with her paws being in the exact spot. I found she was pretty enough just as she is.




The fountain is pretty big and there is a fog coming out all the time, but on the pictures that is hard to tell. A bit sad that I was wearing a grey shirt and Leia is blue merle, ( I love blue merle, but it has no contrast with the fountain)
But I was asuming the fountain was white, I was wrong.


For us Dokkum is pretty far, so I only went there twice (now three times) and it is a very narrow place, we had a very hard time getting out of Dokkum.
Now this is almost the last one.
You probably can guess where we are next week.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten