zondag 2 september 2018

Seminars at American collie club germany

We find that education is very important, even if we did a lot of seminars and workshops, there is always something new to learn.
Last week a day before the specialty show in Germany we got the opportunity to go to 3 seminars in one day.

I think for me the first and last where the most important.
The first one was by dr Vet. David Hansen from the USA, he has his own vet, dentist clinic. And the lecture was about teeth developtment, and teeth care, again it made me realize how important it is to brush the teeth of the dogs.  You can prevent so many nasty problems as heart failure or kidney failure just to name some.

Later that day we had a handling seminar, I know a lot about handling but even I learned new stuff. And it was pretty nice I got to be the person to demo the showprocedure with a strange dog, so that was a nice challenge for me too.

The end of the day we enjoyed company with some nice food, and we had a lecture on raising puppies. Given by ms Krista Hansen USA.
I know we do alot with our puppies to comfort them and making sure they are stabile and happy when they move to their new owners, but this was also very entertaining and we learned so much.

It is amazingly tiring to participate in all 3 seminars but I'm happy that I got the change to do them.
Even when you sometimes think you don't learn, you probably will always learn something.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten